Monday, February 4, 2008

British Running

I've been pretty good over here in Britain. I got at the hotel at 7:30 am on Sunday and THANK GOD they gave me a room immediately. I slept a couple of hours and then walked around the city, looking for my running trail, that I had previously located on mapmyrun.com.

I left the hotel around 3pm for my run and proceeded on the path I thought was the right one. The trail ended after 500 meters, so I turned around and ran around for a while. It had to be close! Finally, after 20-25 minutes, I found it. It was a pretty nice trail by a little brook. I managed to run for about 70 minutes minus 4-5 minutes standing around looking at my map.

This morning, Monday, I got up at 6 am and went for an easy run. I stuck to the street since it was pitch dark. After a while, there was no more street lights and it was a bit dark. There was a bit more light on the way back.

At the conference, I met a guy I used to work with who said he started running a few weeks ago. Since the morning's sessions are about a topic that I don't really care about, we're going for a 9 am run together and we'll split a taxi to the conference before lunch. I'll stop by his hotel, run 5 km with him and then do a few km on the way back. Sounds like fun!

No comments: