Thursday, April 24, 2008

Confirmed - Knee A/Ok


After ten days of running without any kind of knee pain, I'm declaring the "knee incident of 2008" over. What fixed it? If I was a betting man, I would say my new and improved running form. Other factors might have included the Nike Free shoes and the Glucosamine supplements.

I still like the Nike Free shoes, but I have to admit that my feet feel like they are taking a beating. My left foot is a bit painful right now and I'll take a few days off running.
That's the beauty of triathlon training, I'll just bike and swim more! I probably did too much mileage, too fast, but I was desperate. Anyway, I think I will try to switch at least some of the mileage back to my regular shoes and see what happens.

I signed up for a 10k race (Sporting LIfe 10Km Race). I have no idea how I will do. I haven't been doing much speed work (none, actually) so even though I'm going to try for that elusive 45 minutes, I have no idea if that's realistic. The course is pretty much down hill, so there's a chance...

No comments: