Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Off to Nova Scotia

It's that time of the year again. Last week before school start, we head out to CKC (Canoe Kayak Canada) Nationals wherever they are. This year, it's in Halifax. Both my daughters are competing this year. For the first time, I will not be competing in CANMAS, the national masters finals held on the Sunday immediately after CKC. I have retired my paddle and, as you should be well aware, I'm now swimming-biking-and-running.

I have to admit that although I enjoyed my 5 years of paddling, I don't miss it at all. I sometimes wonder why. I remember the good times but I believe that my lack of improvement after such a long period of time practicing the sport was starting to frustrate me quite a bit.

I will be keeping up my running over there. As the Toronto Marathon approaches, I can't afford to drop too many workouts. I might even swim a bit at the aquatic center in front of the hotel. No cycling though.

Quick change of subject.

Yesterday, I had the best workout I've had in weeks. Don't get me wrong, I love running. But it's hard to actually enjoy truly hard workouts. Long runs are nice, but they ARE long. Yesterday's 13k run was just the right distance and I had a real good pace for most of it. It felt GOOD.

That's it for now. I'll try to keep in touch from NS.

No comments: