Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Slow Week

For the past few weeks, I've been fighting some Achilles pain, mainly on the right side but sometimes on the left as well. I've run on it for a while but it's not going away and might be getting worse. Although it doesn't affect my running on flats and downhills, it hurts a bit more on the uphills. I don't think it used to do that. This seems like a escalation so I've decided to do something about it.

I've been seeing a chiro for a few sessions now and I have to admit it hasn't done much good. She says I can run on it, but I'm starting to wonder. So I've decided to run way less for a couple of week. I'll do two quality runs (hills and intervals) and my long run. For example, I did 5x400m hills (total 10k distance) yesterday, I'm going to do some speed tomorrow and then I have the OUS (Ontario Ultra Series) Spring Warmup on Saturday where I should run about 40 km in trails. I might do the same kind of thing the following week, with a shorter long run if I don't feel better. I'll try to ride the trainer a few times on top of that and I should be golden.

No comments: