Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back on the Road

Got my stitches taken out on Tuesday. The incision was still quite swollen and tender so I didn't go out yesterday but today I decided to go out for an easy 30 minute. It felt good despite the cold. I felt as I would expect after 2 weeks without running, half of which was under the effects of pretty good drugs painkillers. I did feel some pain but it was ok. My energy level was good. My only problem right now is that I sleep like shit. Ever since I stopped the medication, I keep waking up very tensed until finally it gets better around 3am. I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of the operation or maybe just because I went to bed medicated for close to a week. This will hopefully subside over the next few days.

Any-hoot, I'm running!

2 comments:

Sara Montgomery said...

Good news, JD. Glad you're starting to feel better. Must have felt pretty great to get out there.

Johnny said...

Glad you're recovering well. Let's go for a run sometime soon.