|I decided not to go for the safety pin look.
On Tuesday, I pulled my name from the Massanutten waiting list. There's just no way I can be ready to run a 100 miler by mid-May, let alone a hard one like that. This gives me 13 weeks to get ready for Mohican, which should be doable. Last week I ran 50% of my pre-break weekly volume, this week I will run 75% and next week I actually start training. I signed up for the 52K distance at Seaton last week. My plan there is to run SLOWER than last year. I will also run PYP a few weeks later although I haven't signed up yet. My big unknown this Spring is what to do about Sulphur Springs. It's only a few weeks before Mohican so I don't want to run the 50 miler, where I might be tempted to run too fast. The two options I'm looking at are running the 50k or pacing someone. If you need a pacer let me know.
The rest of the Summer is wide open. I'm probably going to run most of the OUS races, with a few exceptions. I'm still unclear about Haliburton. I wouldn't mind running the 100M but I'm still planning to run the r2r2r at the Grand Canyon in the Fall and I'm not sure I can do both. There's time, so I'll keep puzzling about this.
The weather has suddenly taken a turn for the better and running is much more fun.
It's running season!