Thursday, October 23, 2008

What now?

I haven't run since Sunday. Right after the race, as soon as I stopped moving I couldn't believe how my legs immediately seized up. I could barely walk. Monday was harsh, Tuesday morning even worse but then it got better fast. I almost ran yesterday (Wednesday) but my left toenail was giving me grief since my half-marathon 3 weeks ago. Sunday didn't help. I didn't sleep goo and the pain kept me up last night until I downed a couple of extra-strength Tylenol. This morning it was even worse and I've been hacking at it all morning, squeezing pus out and cutting off as much of it as I could. Feels much better now! I might go for a small jog tonight.


I'm a bit aimless at the moment. I have no race in my sights at this point, other than Boston, of course, and that's pretty far off so it's hard to get excited about it. I applied online yesterday and have yet to hear from them. I believe they check the qualifying time manually or something.

So, what now? I'm paying a lot of money for a gym where I've gone once in the last month. Time to get going. I'll probably set my sights on trying for a new 10k PR. Going sub-43 would be nice, sub-42 even better.

So back to running and also back to cycling and swimming. 

No comments: