Sunday, December 23, 2007

Torrential rain

Despite ominous dark clouds, I went to the closest “Running Room” store for the 8:30 AM Sunday long run. On my way there the skied opened up and it started to rain heavily. The temperature was about 5C (41F). The snow and ice on the streets and sidewalks was mostly gone but there were major puddles everywhere.
It was my first group run. I like to run by myself but it’s nice to try new routes and meet new people. About 15 people showed up. Typically there would be a 10k and a 16k route but everyone decided to stick with 10k so there we went. My slow run pace should be about 6:45/km but the group was starting a bit fast (sub 6:15). I had no problem following but we still ran a bit faster than I’d like. Still it was nice having people to talk to. The group stops every 10 minutes for a minute walk, which I don’t usually do. I guess that compensated for the faster pace.
By the time we made it back I was completely wet and my feet were sloshing around in my running shoes. Still I somehow enjoyed that run. There must be something wrong with me.
That’s it for today.

No comments: